Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hawks, Grids, Reverser

I was super excited about this show, then was a little bummed that there weren't infinity people there, but the turnout was decent and Hawks got paid.
Reverser played first, and given it was only their second show I was really impressed, but then remembered they'd been practicing for like, a year, and was still mildly impressed. I would say there was too much 90's worship, except that they are all over 30 so it's less worship and more rekindling.


Hawks is fucking phenomenal. I don't think I'll ever get enough of this band. Band rules, record rules, live rules, dudes rule(s). Grids is playing three dates with them and Thank God in April and I"m getting excited about it already.
It was hard to get good pictures of them because we turned out all the store lights, but whatever. you get the point.

levi has a glow stick mustache




as for the Grids set, we played probably the sloppiest set we've ever played, my amp was sounding like farts and shorting out, the new bass cabinet sounded awesome, and because bobby likes Hawks as much as I do, he was completely obliterated, as is obvious here:


more pictures from this show can be found here:
Penalty Box Flickr

also, the house now has this:

1 comment:

  1. you're calling my band out for '90s worship? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete