Sunday, February 1, 2009

Lunchbox Records Party: Part 2. Fucked Up

This is like, a whole week late, but here are the pictures from the Fucked Up show at the Milestone.
I showed up just in time to see Planet Piss play, which is always a nice surprise, because I feel like flipper will never play Charlotte even though they said they would...
Steven wrapped himself in toilet paper, which lasted for about half a song, when he was dressed in just his underwear, like normal.


Grids played, but it's hard to take pictures while you're playing guitar (no matter how poorly you play) so I don't have any pictures of that. Steven took some, and if you dig I'm sure you can find them.
Double Negative is THE BEST band in North Carolina. There is no question in my mind that they will never put out something bad, or play a show that I don't enjoy. They played flawlessly, every guitar solo was insane, the drums and bass were driving, and the crowd went nuts.


Gregg Ginn eat your heart out





I didn't take many pictures, but the most out of control I've seen The Milestone get was during Fucked Up. I'm pretty sure I'll never see that many people crawling on top of each other at the ghetto fortress ever again. This was the best Fucked Up set I've ever seen. The set at The Old Blue Last in London was pretty great, but the song choices were perfect, the three guitar thing actually worked, and the sound was perfect.



as always, more pictures are HERE and I have a bunch more on my computer if you really are in dire need of some picture of you moshing or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment